We offer a variety of boards for every type of Stand Up Paddle Boarder. What type of customer are you? Head on over the Our Boards page to see what type of board will best fit your lifestyle.
We believe Stand Up Paddle Boarding is a Lifestyle
With our all new line of Stand Up Paddle Boards, we have something to offer everybody. Whether you are a DIY’er SUP builder, Yogi, or an all encompassing Stand Up Paddle Boarder; we have something you will fall in love with.
Once you learn more about what board will fit you best, it’s time to either purchase the kit to build your own, or buy a already completed board.
Kits: We offer a variety of kits to get you started building your very own board.
Complete board: We do the building, and take care of the shipping, the hard part for you is deciding what board.
Full kits and Boards
We are proud to offer kits for the the home builder or complete customized boats and boards. We now also offer already-built SUP’s that anyone can buy and we’ll ship it to you! Want to build your own SUP? We fully support your DIY project with all the materials you need and a comprehensive manual. Are you interested in designing the most gorgeous SUP on the water? It’s easy. We can help you create your perfect board for you to build or we’ll build it for you!
Cedar Strip Stand Up Paddle Boards are durable, practical and beautiful.
Cedar Boat Works’ boat shop is located in Portland, Oregon. Our boards are constructed using the Cedar Strip Rail technique which, unlike other construction methods, allows you to customize your own look and yields a breathtaking and light-weight paddle board. Because of our proprietary designs and strip construction all of our paddle boards, are unlike any others you’ve seen. Unparalleled in beauty, masterfully designed and exceptionally light weight, Cedar’s boards are everything a board should be.
Don’t settle! Choosing a beautiful Cedar Boat Works SUP means creating a functional work of art that you can enjoy and be proud of for many years to come.
- The perfect everything board for the Jack of all trades. Our various Flat Water Boards will tackle anything you throw at it, and be a head turner on the water.
- For 2014 we are featuring the Willamette Pearl and Columbia Star Boards – be sure to check them out.
- You are a Yogi. You are a nature lover. You might be a novice Stand Up Paddler. If the above criteria sounds like you, then search no more – the Yachats Yoga Board is the best in the business. This is the first board built for yoga with a wider stance, mat tie-downs, tether mount and more.
- We are only selling the Yachats Yoga board, and we’ll keep it that way until the customers request something better – but that hasn’t happened yet. This is the Yogi’s go to board.
- Experience the lightest, fastest and most optimized cedar strip Stand Up Paddle Board on the market. These boards are not for beginners, because balance and stance is key for bringing home the medal – and we’ll help you do that.
- The Rogue Racer and Rogue Racer Junior are built to fit everyone’s needs. If you are a racer, definitely check them both out to see which one is best for you.
- Build your very own Stand Up Paddle Board – We offer various kits of all of our different models. We include a comprehensive instruction manual, as well as full time support if any questions may arise.
- Full Kits: Includes everything you need to build your own SUP. (We also offer DIY kits which have options from plans, to CNC forms)
Cedar Boatworks is located right here in the Great Northwest in Portland. We started out following our hobby of building wood strip canoes, and last year built our first paddle board.—The Willamette Pearl. Now 95% of our business is building SUP Kits and Boards.
People ask, “What makes your Yoga board different?”
We build our Yoga board with features that allow for easier Yoga practice. Expect a wider middle (for stability), Tie-downs (for your yoga mat), and a Camera or Group tether mount.
We use a hollow “airplane wing” construction using locally grown, sustainable Western Red Cedar. The shape of the boards are designed and engineered to be extremely accurate to give the best performance. The craftsmanship and wood selection make each board unique and a true head turning functional work of art. While many people think the boards are too ‘pretty’ to put on the water, these boards are tougher than the form core boards available.
We offer four different SUP Lines right now, each with their own specifications.
- Flat Water Boards
- Racing Boards
- Yoga Boards
- Unique Combo Boards
Most of our products (Plans, CNC kits, Basic Kits) are in stock and can be shipped within a few days. Other products, such as custom boards or kits require 2-4 weeks to build and ship. We ship plans, CNC kits, Glass kts, etc. via UPS or Fedex. The larger items, Base Kits, Wood Kits and Completed Boards require that we ship through a freight company.
We accept all major credit cards, cash, checks and money orders. Once payment has cleared, all the items in your order will begin the building and shipping process. Fully completed boards may take up to a month to build and ship. Refunds are not accepted, however we are here to help you in your building process if any questions may arise.
Have more questions for us? Don’t fret, send us an email or check out our FAQs page.